PUB ALERT II
The EVRC Christmas pub tour is tomorrow (08/12/16). Its Derby this year (location on annual rotation) and the timetable with pubs is below.
- All the fine hospitable Inns are within a few minutes of each other and are close to the bus station and Taxi rank.
- If you’re getting the train its roughly a 15min walk from the station into town.
- If you’re running its 8 miles from EVRC HQ, there are no showers available in any of the public houses but I doubt the locals would notice the smell.
- Dress code is Derby leisure wear.
- Catering is a bowl of cheese at the Tap and a pasty from Le Greggs (though The Exeter Arms, The Tap & Silk Mill all do food inc. snacks until 21:00 and there’s always the potential for a cheeky midnight curry)
- Distance ERIC points = 2 points per pub.
- Drink snobbery ERIC points = Bonus points +1 point for tequila/jaegerbomb/whisky/Red Stripe (it’s a Derby thing). Penalty points. -1 point for Fosters/ Budweiser/Baileys/Blossom Hill/fruit tea.
- Sports = Taking bets on the Turkey Trot results (it’s this month’s late notice charity TWAT 50/50 split between winnings and charity) and maybe a cheeky game of Killer darts for ERIC points.
The Full route https://www.plotaroute.com/route/293172(link is external)
18:30 The Exeter Arms http://www.exeterarms.co.uk/(link is external) DE1 2EU
19:30 The Tap Derby https://brewerytap-dbc.co.uk/(link is external) DE1 2ED
20:30 The Silk Mill http://www.thesilkmillderby.co.uk/ DE1(link is external) 3AF
21:30 The Dolphin http://www.yeoldedolphin.co.uk/(link is external) DE1 3DL
22:30 The Flower Pot http://www.flowerpotderby.co.uk/(link is external) DE1 3DZ
23:00 The Bless http://www.derbycathedralquarter.co.uk/BlessingtonCarriage(link is external) DE1 3GU
*For the Derby locals…The Crompton, The Alexandra, The Brunswick have been omitted simply because they’re off route and in isolation (unless you fancy a fight in the waterfall, or some relaxation at Bubbles). Maybe we’ll pay a visit for the winter beer festival (15th-18th feb).
See you tomorrow – John W