Leadership in Running Fitness – Nottingham Course
There’s an England Athletics Leadership in Running Fitness course being run in Nottingham in June. The full details and links are below its for anybody that has any interest in leading casual running groups, there’s lots of background topics covered etc.
Below are the details of the course, plus links to additional information:
Leadership in Running Fitness
Aspley YMCA, Melbourne Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG8 5HL
· England Athletics link to course details & booking details: www.englandathletics.org/courses
· UKA link to the course content, plus the pre & post course learning: http://ucoach.com/qualifications/leaders_awards/lirf-award/
· Run England link to the Run England website where attendees of the LiRF can register as Run Leaders and register their running groups when they are qualified www.runengland.org
If you’re interested running for fitness, over 18 and you’d like to lead a group, this is the course for you.
The Leadership in Running Fitness course is primarily for those working with adults’ and/or young people over the age of 12 who enjoy recreational running for fitness and health. This may be within a Running Club or a community based group. Leaders will be licensed & insured by UKA to take a group of recreational runners of varied ability for fun safe sessions.
Topics Covered on the course:
· The role and responsibilities of a Leader
· Leadership skills: Safety, Organisation, Instruction and Explanation, Demonstration
· The barriers that stop people from taking up running, and how a leader can make a difference for them.
· How to plan sessions and deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down.
· Demonstration and supervision of effective stretching
· The different types of activity that can make running varied and enjoyable.
· Helping runners to set and achieve SMARTER goals.
· What is meant by an Athlete Centered Approach
· Carrying out Risk Assessments.
· Factors influencing performance
· Energy systems
I hope this email is useful at providing some information about the course we have coming up.
I would appreciate it if you could forward this email to anyone who might be interested in attending the course or who may know someone else who might be. If anyone has any questions regarding the course after they have visited the links to the pages above, please do ask them to get in contact with me on the details below and I will be happy to help.
Thank you for your time and for any assistance you can provide with the promotion of the course.
Coach & Officials Education Coordinator - East and West Midlands and South West
Mobile: 07920 532558