Farewell Patterdale, AGM 16/11/16 19:00, London & Brighton Marathon Places and Cross country
The Final Patterdale
After a few decades of EVRC heading up to Patterdale Stuart and Jim are fed up with you all getting lost, drunk and snoring. Therefore after a glorious innings of spectacular running, excessive food, dangerous amounts of alcohol and ridiculous amounts of EVRC lovin Patterdale in its current format has come to an end. There is a plan for there still to be a weekend away to run up big hills, along slippy edges, down scree and through tarns, just when and where is yet to be decided (we'll be needing volunteers to help coordinate).
Here’s a few photos from this year’s adventures. And to those that wanted to get to Patterdale but never quite got there…let this be a lesson in mañana…you may be (probably will be) the only person that wants to do something tomorrow.
Note: EVRC field trip to Iceland 2017 “the blackdeath hatrick” is happening. Race day = 19/08/2017. http://www.marathon.is/reykjavik-marathon .
Cross-country. East Midlands Round 1. Holme Pierrepont
27/11/16, 11:00. Holme Pierrepont https://www.plotaroute.com/route/295563 1 lap for Ladies (~2.5m) 2 laps for the Gents (~5m)
This is our winter season opener for team EVRC. Some of us have had a runout in the x2 North Mids races to get our XC eye in and now it’s time to mobilise, pull the vest on and race for glory! Or just come along for a fun muddy run round some local courses. Entry is covered in your membership all your need is a vest (available for purchase from Brian or Rachel..there is an emergency spare from the 80’s to borrow for race day if you’re caught short)
When it comes to the league competitions volume of runners does make a huge difference. Yes we need all our front end counters out running at full pelt but we also need everybody chasing them like rabid angry ferrets to stop us getting swamped by the bigger uglier clubs (we’ve lost by single figure points in the past). Coming along to make up numbers isn’t just making up the numbers its pushing everybody along up the chain..points mean trophies! (I’m very injured due to the unfortunate incident of the Panto horse and the Lincoln bench, so we really need everybody to step up to the muddy line and squeeze together for points).
p.s. It’s also really good fun and there’ll be cake. Its also the opening fixture in the internal EVRC XC champs http://www.evrc.co.uk/content/cross-country-championship-201617
Teams are made up of: Senior Men = 4, Senior Women = 3, Vets Men (40+) =4, Vets Women (35+) =3. We fill up the teams in this order; A team then Vets teams then B, C, D teams etc. Vets can count as seniors.
Wednesday 16/11/16 19:00 at club HQ.
It’s your club so this is your chance to hear how the club is doing and to have an influence in the running of the club. It may be your only chance to vote against us spending the club funds on a coconut tree to make fresh Pina Coladas.
Xmas Night Out
Friday 9th December. Derby
It’s a pub crawl in Derby. We all meet up and have a few beers. http://www.evrc.co.uk/content/christmas-pub-time
EVRC Xmas Ale Trail
Wednesday 28/12/16, 13:00.
It’s a couple of hours of easy trail running to the pub for a beer! A fine way of spending a xmas week afternoon. There’s an event invite on FB and we’ll get some more detailed info out in the next week or so. Free pint for all runners so we will need an indication of numbers in advance. There’ll be a list appearing at the clubhouse to put your initials on.
Marathon Places Draw. London & Brighton.
As a club we get 1 club entry for the London Marathon and 2 club entries for Brighton Marathon. Each year we have ballot to allocate the club places (unfortunately you still have to pay the full affiliated athlete entry fee, but it is guaranteed entry to sold out events).
To be eligible for the EVRC ballot there’s a couple of conditions you have to meet (slightly different for London v Brighton). The criteria are below and you need to have your entry in on or before the draw night.
· The draw night will be Wednesday 21st Dec which is our xmas buffet/fuddle night.
· London will be drawn first then Brighton.
· You can enter both but if you win the London place you’ll only be eligible for the Brighton place if there are no other takers.
Brighton Marathon 09/04/2017.
Entry costs £69.50 payable to the Brighton Marathon.
- Member must be a 1st claim member.
- Membership must be active (paid) on the night of the draw.
- Member must have taken part in at least 2 events representing Erewash Valley Running Club during 2016. Not all have to be running events as long as they are supporting the Club. Qualifying races are: East Midlands Cross Country Races, 4 North Midlands Cross Country Races, The Run, 5 Notts AAA’s Summer League Races and all fell running championship races. Marshalling or collecting results at any of these races counts as well as running.
London Marathon 23/04/17
- Member must be in 2nd year of membership (Greater than 12months since joining)
- Membership must be active on the night of the draw (paid).
- Member must have submitted their London entry rejection notification* into the draw on or before draw night (*rejection email, confirmation of ballot entry, anything that shows you entered the London Ballot for 2017 and have not gone all grabby and fancy snaffling the entry because its there will suffice)
- Member must be a first claim runner to Erewash Valley.
- Member must have taken part in at least 4 events representing Erewash Valley Running Club during 2016. Not all have to be running events as long as they are supporting the Club. Qualifying races are: 5 East Midlands Cross Country Races, 4 North Midlands Cross Country Races, The Run, 5 Notts AAA’s Summer League Races and all fell running championship races. Marshalling or collecting results at any of these races counts as well as running.
- Winners will not be eligible to enter the draw again for 5 years. However, if the Club entry allocation is not taken, then it will be open to all members with London Marathon rejection notifications* providing they meet the criteria in points 1 – 5 above.
Fund Raising CRA:P
This month’s winner of the sweepstake themed CRA:P (guess the cummaltive time of the 3 slowest EVRC runners at the parkruns on 12/11/16) raffle will be revealed on wednesday :)
It’ll be back in December for a predict the top 5 EVRC runners times in the Turkey Trot….”Turkey Winning And Times” T.W.A.T.
Cheers - John W